Bruxism (tooth grinding) affects up to 1 in 5 adults. The bite force during grinding can reach up to 100kg on the back teeth for up to 30 minutes a night. Understandably, this could cause considerable damage so early diagnosis and proper management over time are key.
That’s where the SmartSplint comes in. We give you and your dentist an easy to use, affordable tool to help understand your bruxism and manage it better.
How might I know I am grinding if it happens while I’m asleep?
If you're not wearing a SmartSplint:
- Somebody may see or hear you grind your teeth
- You wear down your front teeth
- You crack your back teeth
- You get facial pain or a headache
If you're wearing a SmartSplint:
- Open the app or web based viewer and view your grinding profile instantly